Please enjoy these free LEED practice exam questions that were created by experienced Everblue teaching staff. These 10 questions cover the LEED credit categories and will give you an idea of how the LEED exam is structured. The answer key is available at the bottom of the page.
1. What is the limit on the number of appeals allowed after the Final Review?
2. What is the intent of the Demand Response credit?
a. To increase participation in demand response technologies
b. To increase the safety of the building
c. To use the most efficient sprinkler system for the building size and type
d. To reduce costs
e. To increase efficiency
3. What is true about the Outdoor Water Use Reduction Credit (Choose 2)?
a. Athletic fields and playgrounds (if vegetated) may be included or excluded at the project team's discretion
b. Athletic fields and playgrounds must be included in the calculations.
c. Food gardens must be included in the calculations.
d. Food gardens may be included or excluded at the project team's discretion.
e. Athletic fields are never included in the calculations.
4. Why is storm water management important?
a. To minimize TSS flowing into nearby streams
b. To minimize flash flooding
c. To maximize ESC measures
d. A and B
e. A and B and C
5. Which two adaptations are correct for the LEED for Homes rating system?
a. BD+C: Homes and Multifamily Lowrise
b. BD+C: Homes Single Family
c. BD+C: Homes Multifamily Midrise
d. BD+C: Homes Multifamily Highrise
e. BD+C: Existing Homes
6. What is the term that can be the precursor to the Acidification of land and water resources?
b. Acid Rain
e. Clogged waterways
7. Your project has a zoning minimum of 100 parking spaces. Due to the need of the tenants, you will have to have 125 spaces, 5 of which will have electric re-charging stations and 10 marked for electric vehicles only. Additionally, you will supply bike storage for 5% of the peak visitors. Which credits will you be able to pursue?
a. Green Vehicles/Reduced Parking Footprint
b. Green Vehicles/Bicycle Facilities
c. Green Vehicles
d. Bike Facilities
8. What is the intent of the Integrated Process Design credit?
a. To encourage research, teamwork and innovative sustainability methods.
b. To document and reward high-performance, cost-effective energy systems.
c. To encourage exceptional attention to energy and water systems.
d. To support the use of high-performance and cost-effective energy and water systems
e. To support high-performance, cost-effective project outcomes through an early analysis of the interrelationships among systems
9. The Minimum Indoor Air Quality Performance pre-requisite has which of the following requirements:
a. Ventilation requirements
b. Monitoring requirements
c. Energy efficiency requirements
d. A and B
e. A, B, and C
10. For how long must a building share its energy data with USGBC?
a. 1 year
b. 2 years
c. 3 years
d. 4 years
e. 5 years