Job Title: Account Manager
Company: CivicSolar, Inc
Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Job Description: CivicSolar is growing its Boston sales team. We’re looking for solar sales candidates who are passionate about pv and exhibit our core values. The Account Manager position affords successful candidates an opportunity to learn the solar industry from the ground up, contributing kW by kW to the development of a sustainable energy economy. Our training program will teach you how to design a solar system from stanchion to POCC. Your day-to-day will be spent working with like-minded customers on pv systems ranging from remote telecommunications sites to homes to large-scale commercial installations. To be successful in the Account Manager role, you should be a results-driven problem solver, self-motivated, unafraid of challenges, an astute decision maker, and an overall team player. We are looking for candidates with a passion to design and sell photovoltaic system solutions to solar installers and developers worldwide. A great plus if you also have 1-2 years of solar sales and/or solar installation experience and an interest to succeed in an inside sales environment. We are looking for teammates who are intellectually bright, continuously strive for improvement, and possess integrity. An absolute prerequisite to success is a dedication to becoming a domain expert in pv system design.
To tell you a bit about us, CivicSolar.com is an innovative solar distributor with lean operations and a progressive customer service infrastructure. Our mission is to reduce the cost of solar equipment distribution through the utilization of an online platform allowing installers to access the right equipment at the best price for every job. We pride ourselves on our commitment to customer service and operational efficiency. By providing buying power for solar installers, CivicSolar is able to negotiate with global PV equipment manufacturers to offer our customers: the best value for every project, robust selection, and pre-qualified equipment based on reliability and performance history.
- Execute sales of solar electric power systems and related products and services to solar installers, developers, and property owners.
- Evaluate the customer's energy needs, available space, shading issues, electrical service limitations, and aesthetic concerns to arrive at a suitable recommendation for the solar electric system size and configuration.
- Identify, isolate and overcome customer concerns and objections.
- Accurately execute all contractual documents with customers including paperwork associated with procuring solar equipment.
- Prepare a roof sketch with measurements and build project quotes.
- Follow-up with prospective customers, give an accounting of specific status of all leads and produce regular sales reports.
- Aid in performance of customer contact functions throughout permitting and installation processes
- Support the company in assuring customer satisfaction.
- Aid in retrieval of customer payments.
- Attend company meetings, work trade shows, attend seminars and perform other sales related functions as needed
Ideal candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience installing and/or selling solar equipment/projects
- Proven communication skills - verbal and written
- Detail orientation with strong organizational skills
- Strong computer application skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to close sales orders
- Desire to become a domain expert in PV system design
- Proficiency in internet-based services and platforms
Salary Range: $50,000 - $70,000+ per year
Travel Percentage: <10% Travel
How to apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. CivicSolar is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please include a cover letter expressing your qualifications and interest in both the position and the solar industry.
Position Expiration: 12/31/14